Monday, January 31, 2011

January Update

So it is the last day of January and figured it's about time to update where I am at. Have managed to do a fair bit of work in the last few days.
After studying the rear drum setup I struggled to get the little hooks out from the handbrake cable setup. With much effort and a bit of reading online, it was fairly simple principle...Push hooks into the hole at the same time as applying pressure. Pull cable out the back done. Easier said then done but I got them out within five minutes after having a read.



Removed the rear diff and leaf springs all in one shot


Attempted to use a more modern and conventional spring compressor which wont fit up high enough on the springs. Had to make up my own homestyle one thanks to mikes66 who gave me this idea for compressing the springs this way!



One of the spring perch studs decided it didn't want to play nice and snapped off while removing it. So tight my snap-on rattle gun wasn't able to remove them and I had to rely on my own pure force.




My $200 wheel dollys arrived today, not bad for four considering repco and most auto places locally wanted well over $200 for a set.


Now that the front and rear ends are stripped down, I can begin taking off all small clips and attachments from the car. I am in the process of making up some support mounts for attaching wheels back to the car for transportation this will be highlighted in my next post stay tuned!

No comments:

Post a Comment