Tuesday, January 18, 2011

Goodbye box

After a fair bit of anguish and a lot of inspection I managed to remove the steering box and attached linkages. Gave up using a steering wheel puller and resorted to a more aggressive approach which involved an impact pry bar and a 2lb hammer. The result equally devastating and effective in removing the already cracked steering wheel. What I had now was a damaged un-salvagable steering column, win some you lose some. Definitely my patience was tested today.
Also removed was the caster rods and sway bar.


Managed to remove the front end brake lines with minimal cutting... I say minimal because today I struggled for some unknown reason so I cut the pipe to the rear lines and also cut one of the front sides because the connection was rounded off. So technically I did more damage then I removed parts intact.

Time proberly isn't my friend tomorrow and will possibly jump on it within the next few days with hopefully a great deal more progress. Also in the works some custom fabrication for mounting the hubs once it goes to the blasters, more on this soon!

No comments:

Post a Comment